Anyone who calls us, visits or wants to be admitted is in a crisis state. For the family drug rehab is traumatic and for the person they love it is a very overwhelming process.
It is also a courageous step for everyone involved. At Eden we make admission as simple as possible. Forms are filled out for you and admission requirements are taken care smoothly without fuss. Sometimes it’s necessary to let the family accompany the person they love right up until the admission session with the nurse, while others leave so that treatment can start.
All valuables need to be sent home and all we need is the client’s ID document and their medical aid card if claims need to be made. For those on a medical aid, we handle the authorisation process.
Inpatient means that the client will live on the premises for the time periods applicable to our pogrammes. We offer a 6 Week, an 8 Week and a 12 Week programme. On admission, during the intake interview, the programme is explained to the client.
- The client undergoes a medical examination and detoxification regime prescribed by the medical doctor and monitored by 24 hour nursing staff.
- After the intake and medical assessment, the client is introduced to a buddy (a more senior resident) who will help orientate him/her into the programme and centre.
- As soon as possible, the client will join the daily program.
- Participation in the daily programme schedule, starts at 07H30 and finishes at 19h00 in the evening. At least five to six hours of this day is spent on group work.
- The programme makes use of psychological and medical assessments by qualified staff, formulating a treatment plan with the client.
- The treatment plan is reviewed on a weekly basis during the case management meeting.
- Towards the end of treatment, a continuing care plan is drawn up between the treatment team and the client and any referral considered necessary is made.
- During the first and last weeks of treatment, a family conference is held between the counsellor and the client’s significant other. The treatment plan is discussed in detail and progress and any special circumstances will be addressed.
- Family members and friends are encouraged to attend the family discussion group. We stay in touch regularly by different means of communication.
Dave E: I’ve never felt so comfortable and welcome before. It made a big difference for me