Our aim is to provide a continuum of extended care of 3 to 4 weeks that follows directly after clients have completed the inpatient program for Alcohol And Drug Abuse.
During the client’s stay at extended care, we aim to:
- Support clients through the early stages of recovery in a safe, caring and structured environment.
- Address unresolved issues such as losses, trauma and dysfunctional childhood experiences, as well as current family issues.
- Help clients to consolidate changes to negative behaviour and attitudes that would obstruct their recovery.
- Enable clients to start experiencing the benefits of recovery in the real world.
- Continue building relapse prevention tools to help clients thoroughly prepare for re-integration into their home, work and social environments.
- Ensure that the client returns home with a supportive and realistic recovery plan.
Various aspects that are covered in the program include the following:
- Working with denial
- Differentiating between substance abuse and dependence
- Components of the addictive personality
- Faulty belief systems
- Relapse prevention
- Family and the process of enabling
- Adult children of Alcoholics
- Addiction in the workplace
- Biochemistry of addiction
- Family therapy
- Education and family
- Interactive psychodynamic group therapy
- Individual psychotherapy
- Marital counselling
- Alcohol And Drug Abuse