Inpatient means that the client will stay on the premises for the time periods applicable to our pogrammes. We offer a 6 Week, an 8 Week and a 12 Week programme. On admission, during the intake interview, the programme is explained to the client.
- The client undergoes a medical examination and detoxification regime prescribed by the medical doctor and monitored by 24 hour nursing staff.
- After the intake and medical assessment, the client is introduced to a buddy (a more senior resident) who will help orientate him/her into the programme and centre.
- As soon as possible, the client will join the daily program.
- Participation in the daily programme schedule, starts at 07H30 and finishes at 19h00 in the evening. At least five to six hours of this day is spent on group work.
- The programme makes use of psychological and medical assessments by qualified staff, formulating a treatment plan with the client.
- The treatment plan is reviewed on a weekly basis during the case management meeting.
- Towards the end of treatment, a continuing care plan is drawn up between the treatment team and the client and any referral considered necessary is made.
- During the first and last weeks of treatment, a family conference is held between the counsellor and the client’s significant other. The treatment plan is discussed in detail and progress and any special circumstances will be addressed.
- Family members and friends are encouraged to attend the family discussion group. We stay in touch regularly by different means of communication.