A marijuana addict’s life is controlled by marijuana. He or she loses interest in all else and their dreams go up in smoke. Marijuana addiction is a progressive illness often leading to addiction to other drugs, including alcohol. The lives, thinking and desires of marijuana addicts centre around marijuana–scoring it, dealing it and finding ways to stay high. That’s when rehabilitation may be the best possible solution for recovery.
Addiction is a progressive, long-term continuing problem. When an addict tries to stop using and fails because life without the drug is just too hard, that is addiction. Once an addict is convinced he or she cannot live without marijuana, the dependency becomes an obsession. When the addict uses even though he or she promised themselves they wouldn’t, this is compulsion.
- Sensory distortion
- Poor coordination of movement
- Lowered reaction time
- After an initial “up,” the user feels sleepy or depressed
- Increased heartbeat (and risk of heart attack)
LONG-TERM EFFECTS OF MARIJUANA
- Reduced resistance to common illnesses (colds, bronchitis, etc.)
- Suppression of the immune system
- Growth disorders
- Increase of abnormally structured cells in the body
- Reduction of male sex hormones
- Rapid destruction of lung fibers and lesions (injuries) to the brain could be permanent
- Reduced sexual capacity
- Study difficulties: reduced ability to learn and retain information
- Apathy, drowsiness, lack of motivation
- Personality and mood changes
- Inability to understand things clearly
If you, or someone you care about needs help with an addiction to marijuana, Eden Recovery Centre may be the answer.
The THC in marijuana tends to be stored in fatty tissue as it is fat-soluble, therefore it is vital to long-term recovery that these drug residues are flushed from the body improving mood, cravings and energy. Each person in recovery at Eden Recovery Centre has the support needed to discover and repair the reasons drug abuse started. And to complete recovery from addiction, each person learns the life skills that are vital to staying drug-free even when faced by challenging situations. It takes a very well-rounded programme like the one at Eden Recovery Centre to turn addiction into lasting sobriety.
At Eden, no drugs are ever used as part of addiction treatment. The goal is a completely drug-free life.
For information on Eden Recovery Centre’s Treatment Programmes which may you’re your loved one deal with marijuana addiction and lead them down the road to recovery, please contact the Eden Recovery Centre. You can depend on full discretion.